Thursday, March 29, 2007

Days Go By...

I'm onto "Moby Dick." It's like chocolate layer cake - Melville's language is so rich and his imagery and metaphors so dense and textured that you can't read too much in one sitting. Oddly enough, the bite-sized reading is perfect for my subway trips, so I carry my copy in my backpack pretty much everywhere.

It's been a rough month. I jumped onto another film that had already started shooting, which seemed like no big deal. But it was a lot of long hours, a lot of time spent arguing with people, and I'm glad it's nearly over.

Spring has arrived, and the beauty of it never ceases to amaze me. The sun doesn't blast us with its rays anymore; the light is softer. People are softer, more open, their hearts thawing to let the blood pump in and the pheremones out.

More to come; I'm just a little tired at the moment.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get some rest, kid. Maybe I have to revisit "Moby Dick" now that I am an adult. I hated the book when I read it in high school (not that you asked...).

9:35 PM  
Blogger Rob Toth said...

Moby Dick is about as much fun as you can have with a novel of ideas. It's like a five-hundred-page Laurie Anderson record. I have it on good authority that Ahab is a stand-in for Emerson.

7:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home